Monday, August 10, 2015

Last Hurrah for Summer 2015 part 1 - Amazeum

This is the last week that Beatrice will get to enjoy summer since next Monday she will be back in school and she will be in 1st grade.  So I thought we will do some fun stuff over this week.

We are suppose to swim today at Springdale Aquatic Center with some friends from Playgroup/Preschool but the weather was iffy the forecast was stormy with thunderstorm so we decided to call it off since it won't be a good idea to swim with a nasty weather.  And so I decided to take the kids to the newly opened Scott Family Amazeum in Bentonville, it's a children and families.

After our experience at the Denver Children Museum the summer of 2014, both the kids had a great experience that they talk about it a lot so I thought I would go ahead buy a membership at the Amazeum since it would be to go to over 350 science center and the cost of the membership isn't that bad and I know we would be going there more than once and indeed it was a great place for the kids.

Earlier today my friend Judy called me if we can go to Amazeum today instead of my plan on Wednesday with Agnes since her daughter Florelaine is off from school and I told her if we are done early with our swimming then we can head up there and behold our swim was cancelled so after our morning nap we ate lunch hurriedly and took off and went to Agnes' house in Rogers much to her surprise she agreed and get ready along with her daughter Amanda, Agnes suggested to call Jiji and see if she can come up to Amazeum and indeed she is free and took Bianca with her and then we showed up at Judy's doorstep unannounced and much to her surprise her mother-in-law came up for a surprise visit that same afternoon but she was so gracious enough to let Judy come with us and Florelaine, and we had a blast visiting with each other and while the kids had fun exploring the area and my kids doesn't even want to go home but it's closing time already and we head to Panda Express for dinner.

After dinner all the kids are busy doing knock knock jokes and there was a funny convo between Beatrice and Amanda that I need to record.

Super Hilarious convo with Beatrice and her friends.
Amanda: Beatrice who is your daddy?
Beatrice: He is the boss and tv star!!!
Amanda: (with a surprise look, I mean wide-eyed and jaw dropping look) really your dad is a tv star???
Beatrice: Oh yeah!!!
Amanda: How come you're not rich?
And I told Amanda not all tv star are rich. And she was just happy with my answer and they are still thrilled about Beatrice's daddy. And then Beatrice keep telling her friends that her daddy has a prickly hair as well.
Oh from the mouth of an innocent babe, I had a belly laugh all night.


 If you press it down and let it go there's a smoke coming off from that hole.  With Florelaine, Beatrice, Quentin and Amanda.
 4 colored shadow of some sort
 You design or come with your own thing in this area
 Paint the pexi-glass
 Using magnets to create anything 


Kid pretend to shop 




You pull yourself up and it will come down on its own

Lift and haul


Going inside a cave





Beatrice favorite part



Quentin's favorite part the leaf











No comments: