It's been 3 weeks since we welcome our 3rd child Hazel Catherine Clevenger last May 11, 2016 at 7:42am, measuring 20 1/2 inches long and weighs 7 lbs and 9 ounces, she is our smallest child.
I had a scheduled Cesarean so we know when to go to hospital and what to expect. We checked-in at Willow Creek Women's Hospital around 5:30 in the morning, when we got to the Peri-Op room, we got some last minute paperwork filled out then a nurse whisked me to a small area in the room that is divided by a privacy curtains then she started getting me ready for my surgery by hooking me to a fetal monitor, shaving part of my belly all the way where they are going to do my incision, inserting my IV which she attempted twice in my arms with no luck and she inserted it in my left hand and it worked, she draw some blood for our Cord Blood Registry and some for needle work. Then after all the prepping we just waited for my anesthesiologist and OB-Gyne to check on me. At some point Matt has to get some fresh air, I don't think he can handle more of the needle and blood work that were done to me.
The anesthesiologist came and introduced himself, told me how the administration of the anesthesia will be done. Then shortly Dr. Robert Hix my OB-Gyne came in, check on me and asked me a couple of times if I'm pretty sure if I'm going to tie my tubes and assured me that everything will be fine and asked us if it's OK for him to pray with us which we are happy and blessed with his gestures.
Not too long after my OB left, the nurse gave Matt his gown to wear before he will join me in the Operating Room which they will call him when they are ready for him. And then I was wheeled to the OR. The nurse chimed 7:12 which is the time I got inside the room and then I was transferred to a smaller bed and then the anesthesiologist was fast on administering the spinal block which started with a cold sponges three times in the area where he will administer the anesthesia then told me that he will poke the needle that I will feel a burning sensation then another one which I didn't feel, in less than a minute my lower half of my body is numb. Then Dr. Hix came in and asked me if I can move my legs or if I could feel anything and I think when I told him No he started the operation. Since Matt is not yet inside the room I keep myself busy by checking and updating facebook with my phone which is allowed and there's a wi-fi inside the operating room, how about that. When Matt was called in it didn't take long until Hazel was delivered, she didn't cried immediately but as soon as she started crying she was loud and I got the chance to do skin to skin with her and when they are ready for me to go to the recovery room I told Matt that he can take Hazel with him since his parents and the 2 older kids will be waiting around the nursery.
Matt got his turn to have skin to skin with Hazel in the nursery before she was given a bathe. While the older kids were jumping trying to get a peek of Hazel from the nursery while Matt were inside with Hazel.
While in the recovery room I'm still shaking because it seems I am so cold even when I was in the Operating room but later on it subsides and tried my best to keep occupied by talking to friends and relatives through Facebook and took a nap in between until there's a vacant room for me.
My last belly picture at 39 weeks
Daddy and Hazel
Love the pouty lips
The first family picture at the Operating Room.
skin to skin with Hazel
Nurses are getting Hazel cleaned up
Manang and Manoy are excited to hold Hazel for the first time
Manoy got to hold Hazel for the first time
Hazel with Lola Cathy
Hazel with Lolo James
No comments:
Post a Comment