Monday, July 16, 2007

Where are the good Samaritans now a day?

Our sermon from church yesterday was about Good Samaritan and I know it’s hard to be one, especially with the situation in our world today that it is hard to know who are really needy or just plainly using there situation. And I never thought that on that day I need a Good Samaritan but to no avail, at first I pity myself because I do really cry to two of my neighbors asking which I ask a lift to get my hubby who is on his way home after a car wreck.

Around past 5pm on that day my hubby left for a church meeting and I decided to stay home, at first I was wondering why it took him so long to be back home but I was thinking that maybe he is working on the youth room that he is trying to straighten up for a while now, so I decided to get hold of one my friend from Wisconsin and we chatted and I knew from her that she and two of her American friends met a car wreck in Duluth and we are talking about it but I never thought or even imagined that maybe around that time while I am chatting with my friend on the phone my hubby would be involved into a car wreck but after we hang up, I got a call from my hubby and telling me that I don’t need to worry cause he is on his way home but just a little late, so this makes me wonder cause he is not that type of a person, so I firmly asked him what is happening??? And he said that he got into a car wreck which wasn’t his fault and now he is on his way walking towards home which is more than a mile or two (bless his heart).

By then I was brainstorming a lot of thing how to help him, I called his parents but chooses to talk to his dad because I am afraid that his mom would be hysterical, and also I was thinking to call people from church but it is late to call and I don’t know anyone that live close by and with my mom-in-laws encouragement to go ask help from my neighbors so I decided to go to my neighbor’s house first the Hispanic couple(I chose them because at one point my hubby help them mow the lawn when they first moved into the house a week after we moved in as well) but they said that there car is not in good working condition and then I asked the guy to go with me to the other house cause I am afraid of the dog and he did and we rang the doorbell and after a while the lady(actually she was my first option because I was able to talk to her at one point and introduced ourselves but I saw the Hispanic couple first) came out and I told her that I needed help yada…yada…yada but to no avail again she turn me down and mind you I cried to those people because I am really concern with my hubby though he said that he is okay but I am still afraid what if he pass out while walking back home??? And a lot of things crossed my mind that’s why I am desperate to get a help because I want to make sure that my hubby can go home sooner and still be safe but to no avail I can’t find any Good Samaritan even around my neighborhood.

After the incident I truly say to myself this is IT!!! This is AMERICA!!! But I don’t want to generalize but I would say to myself at least that whatever life offers you could just have your own self and your hubby to lift each other and comfort each other when crisis arises in your life. Even after the incident he is still the sweetest person I ever known in my life, he just utter to me that after the wreck the only thing he thinks was to get back home and be in my arms, which is so sweet of him and by this I know we value each other more than ever.
So to people out there make sure you always make sure to let the other person feel and let them know how you value then and how much you loved them, because you’ll never know what happens in a split seconds.









No comments: